Getting stomach worm is one of the most common things, and if your little one got that too, you really need not worry about it at all. There a number of ways, in fact home remedies in which you can help your kiddo get rid of the stomach worm. Before going to the ways of that, let me tell you the most common reasons as to why kids get stomach worms:
- Walking/crawling barefoot in soil
- Playing with dirty water
- Touching or playing with stray animals
- Having junk food
- Eating unwashed food or veggies
- Drinking un-purified water etc.
Now when your kid gets worm in stomach, it starts spreading by laying eggs and reproducing from them. That’s how there can be a number of worms in the stomach. The most common types of worm are pinworm and roundworm. Pinworm is the most common to affect kids and their size ranges from 3-10mm. It’s actually quite tough to understand that your kid has got pinworm in stomach, nevertheless, it’s really easy to get rid of them. So, let us first understand how will you actually detect whether your liltle one got these worms in stomach:
Indications of worm in stomach:
- Your kid isn’t feeling hungry
- Decrease in weight, on a regular basis
- Stomach pain consistently
- Getting irritated always
- Getting blood in saliva
- Worm coming out in vomits
- Getting frequent pees
- Tongue getting pale
- Irritation in private parts
- Becoming anaemic
These are the most common ways in which you can understand that your lil one is getting stomach worm. Now let us see the ways to get rid of these tiny culprits form your baby’s stomach:
Home remedies to get rid of stomach worm in kids:
Stomach worm is one of the most common things that majority kids suffer from and you need not be really worried for that. Here we will be telling you some of the most effective ways to get rid of those worms:
- Pomegranate juice consumption on a daily basis is effective to get rid of worms in stomach.
- Honey mixed with curd is again another effective way.
- Bitter gourd is very effective against worm, you can make your kid drink juice of bitter gourd.
- Turmeric mixed with warm water can be consumed on a daily basis before going to bed.
- Tulsi leaf juice is yet another effective remedy against stomach worm.
- Lassi with black pepper and black salt is great solution for worms.
- Mix ajwin with some black salt and you can make it into a powder form and give your liltle one as its really helpful against stomach worm.
- Tomato with some black salt and pinch of turmeric acts great against worm.
- Water mixed with asafoetida is good against worm.
These are some of the most effective ways to help your kid get rid of those tiny culprits, viz worms from their stomach. But yes of course if the situation becomes severe, do consult a doctor!
We adults, when we get detected of lower hemoglobin content, consultation of doctor, home remedies, what not we run for. But have you ever thought of what to do if your little one gets detected with lower hemoglobin level? Don’t worry; we have come up with solution for that here with whole lot of foods to balance the hemoglobin and also the cause and indication of lower level of hemoglobin. But before that, let us also know the right level of hemoglobin in kids of various ages:
Less than 1 month age: 10.0 to 20.0 g/dl (13.9 g/dl)
1-2 months age: 10.0 to 18.0 g/dl (11.2 g/dl)
2-6 months age: 9.5 to 14.0 g/dl (12.6 g/dl)
0.5 -2 years age: 10.5 to 13.5 g/dl (12.0 g/dl)
2- 6 years age: 11.5 to 13.5 g/dl (12.5 g/dl)
6-12 years age: 11.5 to 15.5 g/dl (13.5)
Now how will you understand hemoglobin deficiency in kids?
Some of the common ways to understand lower level of hemoglobin in your little one are:
- Inside of eyes or nails look dull and pale
- Kids will get tired fast in case of haemoglobin deficiency
- The face seems pale
What are the common reasons of hemoglobin deficiency in kids?
Generally, it is observed that kids who has had premature delivery has lower hemoglobin content, and that usually continues till the age of 1 year. Iron content is what regulates body blood level and hence once that goes down, kids encounter low blood level.
Top 5 foods to regulate blood level in kids:
- Carrot: Feed your kid with carrot juice or even puree of carrot. This way they will like the food and this will also help regulate blood level.
- Green leafy vegetable: I know it’s really tough to feed green veggies to kids, but its immensely helpful to maintain good hemoglobin content. So you can make soup out of those and feed your little one.
- Dates: This I believe is liked my majority of kids because of the candy kinda taste. And guess what? It has high iron content and is immensely helpful to increase blood level in kids.
- Pomegranate or Banana or Guava or Apple: All these fruits are immensely helpful in regulating blood level in body. Now again it may happen that your little one hates fruits, in that case you can make juice out of these either individually or all mixed together and feed him/her.
- Tomato: Make your little one consumes tomato, or if not direct tomato, tomato soup or puree to overcome blood deficiency.
Now the next time you feel that your little muchkin is suffering from low blood level, do try out the above home remedies before jumping to consult a doctor. Hope these remedies help!
Headache is one of the most common things that all of us suffer from, sometime or the other. And during pregnancy, when the body already goes through a lot of hormonal changes and all, headache isn’t something unnatural. What you need to avoids during pregnancy is pain killer for headache because any medicine, which isn’t particularly prescribed by your gynae, can cause adverse effect on the baby inside your womb.
There can be multiple reasons for headache during the time of pregnancy. Some of those are:
- Acidity: An empty stomach for long hours causes gas and acidity issues and that might lead to headache often.
- Heat: Sunrays and the heat due to that is one of the most common causes of headache. So in case you need to step out in sun, do cover yourself properly so that you are protected from the sun.
- Oxygen deficiency: If you face oxygen deficiency, which might be a reason for headache. In that case go take a stroll in fresh air and open environment.
- Incomplete sleep: Incomplete or insufficient sleep can be a regular cause of headache.
The headache during pregnancy can trouble you a lot as already body goes through a lot many changes during this phase. So now let us see how to tackle headache during pregnancy without the help of any medicines:
- Take a cold water shower or if that’s not possible, do splash some cold water on face. This will make you feel fresh and relieved to a good extent.
- Cold bad compress over the forehead is the age old way of getting relieved from headache.
- Get a good head massage done by someone when you are having the headache. This relieves muscular tension and reduces headache.
- Now if you are getting headache during winter, do a warm water bag compress, this works equally as good as cold water compress during summers.
- Ginger is one great ingredient to relieve you from headache. But this is most effective to specifically relieve migraine related headaches.
- A good oil massage in the head and neck also helps reduce muscular tension and helps relieve headache. Any regular hair oil works for this method.
- Sandalwood is well known for bringing that glow to skin, but did you know that this is even effective in mitigating headache? Sandalwood paste mixed with water when applied on skin or if not that, sandalwood oil helps relieve headache. The amazing therapeutic smell of sandalwood helps do the job.
Hope these solutions can address your headache during this crucial phase of life!
Constipation is one of the very common problem faced by would be mommy during the time of pregnancy. And it generally starts form the 1st trimester i.e. after 3 months of being pregnant. So today I am going tell you in detail about the reason why this happens and also the solutions to this which you can opt for.
Let’s first see what are the reasons for constipation during this period:
During this phase of pregnancy, due to the various hormonal changes, the breakdown of food becomes an issue inside the stomach. The various predominant reasons are:
- Due to various hormonal imbalance, progesterone secretion becomes unregulated which regulates the passage of faces and lowers it down.
- Changes in the regular food habit during pregnancy affects constipation.
- The increment in the size of the womb puts pressure in the anal tract and that might cause constipation.
- Iron supplements consumed during this period may trigger constipation.
Now let us see the ways to overcome constipation during the period of pregnancy:
- Drinking proper amount of water which is 10-12 glass will help in mood movement and thereby help food passage and prevent pregnancy.
- Drinking orange juice, 1 cup daily helps relieve constipation.
- Include more of fluid intake during this period to keep constipation at bay.
- Don’t consume cold food direct form the refrigerator.
- Eat fibrous fruits as fibres helps form faces and help keep constipation at bay.
- Too much of calcium intake can trigger constipation, so do avoid that
- Honey before lunch or dinner daily helps in preventing constipation.
- Completely avoid fast food and aerated drinks if you are already suffering from constipation.
- Keep a fixed timing for lunch-dinner and other regular meals.
- Drinking castor oil mixed in warm water before going to sleep helps relieve constipation.
- Consume dinner at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- Keep meals light and consume at regular intervals.
- Consult a doctor and do some light exercises.
- Daily yoga helps keep constipation at bay.
Now if you are the one who is suffering from excessive of constipation, do visit and consult a doctor for the same, otherwise follow the above things to keep mild constipation at bay!
Weakness and tiredness during pregnancy is something that majority of the would be mommy’s face during pregnancy. According to doctors, this tiredness happens during the initial few months of pregnancy. During the pregnancy, there is a huge hormonal change that the body undergoes and each and every part of the body faces those changes. Thus a tired feeling at the initial stages is very normal for majority women.
Now this tiredness can happen due to some reasons which might turn out to be harmful for you as well, those are:
- Anaemia: The reduced blood level leading to mild or severe anaemia at the time of pregnancy can lead to excessive tiredness and that should be immediately taken care of as it might turn out to be dangerous.
- Depression: Some medicines taken during pregnancy can result in depression and that can in turn lead to tiredness. If that’s the case, do visit your doctor and get it changed.
Generally the tiredness during pregnancy continues from 1st trimester to 3rd trimester. The reason of this is that during this phase, the body of mommies goes through a lot changes to let the baby in the womb grow. This also results in high hormonal changes which is something unusual to the body and thereby the body feels tired and drowsy.
How to deal with tiredness during this phase?
Unless the tiredness is severe, there are some home remedies which can help you get rid of tiredness in the body. Those are:
- A good sleep: A sound sleep for 8 hours is a very good way to revive the health and feel fresh. Try getting that beauty sleep which will definitely help make you feel fresh.
- Eat well: Good food is a must during this phase, for the mommy as well as the baby in the womb. And not only that, the right food also helps keep tiredness away.
- Have a balanced and nutritious diet: Balanced and nutritious diet helps maintain the blood balance in the body which is a vital part of pregnancy and thus keeps you feeling fresh.
- Avoid sugary food: This is a must during pregnancy. Once you cut down your sugar intake, you yourself will feel the difference, it will leave you feeling energetic the whole day.
- Do some light exercise: Get the direction from your doctor and do exercises which is beneficial during this time. This will keep you energetic and revived.
SO these are the ways in which you can keep your tiredness at bay during that vital phase of life!