Hello Mommies & Daddies!
Babies catch cold very easily, especially in winters. These days weather is very unpredictable here. Officially it is summers here but more of rainy season these days. In such climate babies too catch cold very easily. So I thought to share a home remedy (for preparing ajwain potli) for nasal congestion due to cold.
Ajwain Potli is something which I have a blind faith when my baby has nasal congestion due to cold.. he he. For Babies it is a natural inhaler made with the traditional ingredient Ajwain. It is known to treat nasal congestion in babies and kids. You can easily prepare this potli which is super effective with no side effect 🙂
What you will need:
- Muslin Cloth
- Heat a pan, now add 2 or 3 spoons of Ajwain.
- Dry roast till nice aroma comes.
- Then transfer the roasted Ajwain to Muslin cloth.
- If you don’t have musclin cloth then use a cotton handkerchief.
- Wrap the cloth & tie a knot to make a Potli.
- Ta! da! The ajwain potli is ready.
For babies below 1 year, you have to place the Ajwain Potli near baby’s pillow. I used to keep it near my boys pillow when he was below 1 Yr. Inhaling the air can help in relieving nasal congestion. It is really effective 😊
For a toddler give a hot compress on Kids chest, back, feet and palms to relieve from Cold and wet cough. But make sure potli is not warm or hot as it may the baby’s skin.