Around 30% women (according to surveys) are found to face bleeding during pregnancy. This happens generally within the first trimester and along with several other reasons for it, miscarriage can also be one of the reasons for this bleeding. So, in this blog we are going to discuss all about bleeding during pregnancy.
Reason and symptoms for bleeding during pregnancy:
Bleeding can be of two types: heavy bleeding or spotting (scattered bleeding). In the initial days of pregnancy, bleeding can be due to implantation of the sperm, but this becomes a serious issue if the bleeding occurs in the third trimester. There can be several reason for this phenomenon, and they are:
- Vaginal infection
- Ectopic pregnancy wherein baby comes inside the fallopian tube and then it has chances to even tear off
- Molar pregnancy wherein in ultrasound it gets detected that the baby in the womb has grown in an un-proportioned size
- Having sex during pregnancy
- Tears in vagina
- Rupture of fallopian tube by some way
- Hormonal dis-balance
- Premature delivery
In case of bleeding, do consult a doctor to know the reason of the same and get the solution. These can be the symptoms along with bleeding:
- Feeling too tired
- Getting exhausted too soon
- Getting dizzy
- Getting too much thirsty
- Rapid heart beat
- Stomach pain
In cases of bleeding during pregnancy the doctor can suggest you to:
- Take sufficient rest if the bleeding is due to miscarriage
- Surgery in cases of Ectopic pregnancy
- Blood infusion
- In cases of fallopian tube rupture, caesarean delivery
Ways to handle bleeding during pregnancy by home remedies:
- Take sufficient rest
- Don’t lift heavy weights
- Don’t have sex
- Drink lots of water
- Use pads in cases of excessive bleeding
In cases of heavy bleeding, anaemia chances of the woman increase and also if the bleeding is due to placental rupture, it can even lead to death of the woman.
Also, excessive bleeding can result in pre-mature delivery and if it’s a case of placental rupture, it can lead to death of the baby in womb.
Just in case you see the symptoms of bleeding, keep a pad in handy with you and also do visit a doctor to find out the reason and ways to cure the same!