Constipation is one of the very common problem faced by would be mommy during the time of pregnancy. And it generally starts form the 1st trimester i.e. after 3 months of being pregnant. So today I am going tell you in detail about the reason why this happens and also the solutions to this which you can opt for.
Let’s first see what are the reasons for constipation during this period:
During this phase of pregnancy, due to the various hormonal changes, the breakdown of food becomes an issue inside the stomach. The various predominant reasons are:
- Due to various hormonal imbalance, progesterone secretion becomes unregulated which regulates the passage of faces and lowers it down.
- Changes in the regular food habit during pregnancy affects constipation.
- The increment in the size of the womb puts pressure in the anal tract and that might cause constipation.
- Iron supplements consumed during this period may trigger constipation.
Now let us see the ways to overcome constipation during the period of pregnancy:
- Drinking proper amount of water which is 10-12 glass will help in mood movement and thereby help food passage and prevent pregnancy.
- Drinking orange juice, 1 cup daily helps relieve constipation.
- Include more of fluid intake during this period to keep constipation at bay.
- Don’t consume cold food direct form the refrigerator.
- Eat fibrous fruits as fibres helps form faces and help keep constipation at bay.
- Too much of calcium intake can trigger constipation, so do avoid that
- Honey before lunch or dinner daily helps in preventing constipation.
- Completely avoid fast food and aerated drinks if you are already suffering from constipation.
- Keep a fixed timing for lunch-dinner and other regular meals.
- Drinking castor oil mixed in warm water before going to sleep helps relieve constipation.
- Consume dinner at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- Keep meals light and consume at regular intervals.
- Consult a doctor and do some light exercises.
- Daily yoga helps keep constipation at bay.
Now if you are the one who is suffering from excessive of constipation, do visit and consult a doctor for the same, otherwise follow the above things to keep mild constipation at bay!