We adults, when we get detected of lower hemoglobin content, consultation of doctor, home remedies, what not we run for. But have you ever thought of what to do if your little one gets detected with lower hemoglobin level? Don’t worry; we have come up with solution for that here with whole lot of foods to balance the hemoglobin and also the cause and indication of lower level of hemoglobin. But before that, let us also know the right level of hemoglobin in kids of various ages:
Less than 1 month age: 10.0 to 20.0 g/dl (13.9 g/dl)
1-2 months age: 10.0 to 18.0 g/dl (11.2 g/dl)
2-6 months age: 9.5 to 14.0 g/dl (12.6 g/dl)
0.5 -2 years age: 10.5 to 13.5 g/dl (12.0 g/dl)
2- 6 years age: 11.5 to 13.5 g/dl (12.5 g/dl)
6-12 years age: 11.5 to 15.5 g/dl (13.5)
Now how will you understand hemoglobin deficiency in kids?
Some of the common ways to understand lower level of hemoglobin in your little one are:
- Inside of eyes or nails look dull and pale
- Kids will get tired fast in case of haemoglobin deficiency
- The face seems pale
What are the common reasons of hemoglobin deficiency in kids?
Generally, it is observed that kids who has had premature delivery has lower hemoglobin content, and that usually continues till the age of 1 year. Iron content is what regulates body blood level and hence once that goes down, kids encounter low blood level.
Top 5 foods to regulate blood level in kids:
- Carrot: Feed your kid with carrot juice or even puree of carrot. This way they will like the food and this will also help regulate blood level.
- Green leafy vegetable: I know it’s really tough to feed green veggies to kids, but its immensely helpful to maintain good hemoglobin content. So you can make soup out of those and feed your little one.
- Dates: This I believe is liked my majority of kids because of the candy kinda taste. And guess what? It has high iron content and is immensely helpful to increase blood level in kids.
- Pomegranate or Banana or Guava or Apple: All these fruits are immensely helpful in regulating blood level in body. Now again it may happen that your little one hates fruits, in that case you can make juice out of these either individually or all mixed together and feed him/her.
- Tomato: Make your little one consumes tomato, or if not direct tomato, tomato soup or puree to overcome blood deficiency.
Now the next time you feel that your little muchkin is suffering from low blood level, do try out the above home remedies before jumping to consult a doctor. Hope these remedies help!