The time period of pregnancy calls forth for the extra care, a bit extra precaution for the mother and the baby inside the womb. Those 9 months are super crucial to get the right tests done, the right medication (if required) and overall, the right medical supervision. So, during this time, the thing which becomes most important is to get the right doctor who can give the proper and required guidance in this phase of life. And this becomes most difficult when we are new to a place.
Apart from the factors that the doctor’s clinic should be near to your place of stay or his fees shouldn’t be exorbitant, there are many others factors to decide on which doctor to go for. So here I am today to help you out as to how to choose the correct doctor (or gynecologist) to get the right guidance during this vital stage of life:
- Get the complete information:
The best and the most important step is to gather the right information about the doctor and experience with him from then who are his regular visitors or even from whom who has undergone treatments by his prescription. This will give you a clear picture as to how possibly your experience can be with him. Also, if the doctor with whom the check-ups are to be done is the same who does the delivery of the baby, that’s the best combo that you can ever get!
- His experience and fees involved:
Experience speaks volumes! If you can gather the information of the number of critical cases that the doctor has successfully dealt with, that will give you a clear picture of his expertise. Now also one factor here comes to play is that the more the experience, more is generally the fees of the doctor. So also check for your budget and match it with the fees to get a smooth flow of treatments required.
- Your experience with him:
If you have a situation where you have decided on a few doctors, you can prepare your own checklist to finalize on one of them. In that check list, you can check for:
- The qualification of the doctor,
- His eagerness to listen to your issues,
- Whether you are satisfied with his testes,
The most important factor is that the patient should gain faith over her doctor and that’s what will lead to a successful doctor-patient duo. So the most important decision lies on the mother to check for her comfort ability with the doctor.
Now another thing which remains even after you have chosen your doctor is to fix the correct hospital for the delivery to be done. Now if in case the doctor that you have chosen has tie up with certain hospital then its well and good, otherwise you can check these in case of choosing a hospital:
- Make sure the hospital has enough number of attendants to attend every patient and their specific requirements.
- Again go for the feedback check of the hospital from those who has got themselves treated from there.
- Check how big and well equipped is the maternity ward of that hospital
- Budget! Whether the bill of the hospital will fall within your budget is vital to be checked.
- If you have a critical pregnancy, check whether the hospital is well equipped to treat that.
So these are the vital checklists to be looked into while selecting the right doctor as well as hospital for the good health of the mother and her baby.