Hello mommies & daddies!
I have already done a post on constipation in babies. Do read that post (Click Here to read) in that I have shared few home remedies which actually works in constipation. Giving prune juice too is super effective & in this post I am sharing the recipe to prepare prune juice.
Prune juice is well known as a constipation remedy due to large part to its fiber content. If your baby is having hard time to poop, or passing hard stool, prune juice can be a helpful agent to let your baby poop easier.
What you will need:
- Prunes- A handful
- Lemon- 1/2
- Water- 1 cup
- Soak dried prunes in steam for some time.
- Take the prunes and mix them in a blender. Obtain pure prune puree.
- Obtain fresh lemon juice from a half lemon and add it.
- Add a cup of water to it and mix it well.
- Serve the fresh, pure prune juice to your toddler.
So this the traditional recipe but sometimes baby may be not like it. So you can prepare blend prunes with other nutritious fruits and prepare a prune juice smoothie. My boy likes prune-mango smoothie.
Usually around 2-3 oz of prune juice a day is sufficient for babies but you can offer a little more can be given if they are older and request it. Don’t forget to dilute the prune juice with water 🙂