Pregnancy is that stage of life which brings the maximum happiness and a whole lot of new rays of hope in a female’s life. This stage brings excitement in the would-be mother as well as also her near and dear ones. This also follows the flood gates of suggestions, may it be from family, relatives, neighbors and who not..
The loads of advice also at times make the concerned person confused regarding what advice to take and what to let it go. So today I will be sharing with you all, the would-be mommies, the list of things that should not be eating as well as drinking during this stage of life.
The list goes as follows:
- Raw/Unpasteurized milk: Being rich in Calcium, milk in general is really good for health during the time of pregnancy. But raw/unpasteurized milk might result in indigestion. So it is advisable to avoid raw milk during the time of pregnancy. Also do avoid drinking milk immediately after taking it out of the fridge.
- Jackfruit and Brinjal: You are advised to reduce the intake of these two veggies during the time of pregnancy. Smaller quantity intake is manageable, but do avoid taking these in large quantity as well as frequency.
- Tea/Coffee: These should be avoided as they are rich in caffeine content and caffeine is not at all beneficial during the time of pregnancy. If you are too much used to having tea/coffee and its becoming difficult for you to completely stop it, start with reducing the frequency of the same. In general there is a normal tendency of acidity during pregnancy, and if you consume too much of tea/coffee, it adds on to the acidity effect. Along with it, also do avoid cold drinks during this time.
- Spicy Food: Spicy foods are generally difficult to digest and also it can add on to acidity. Prefer having home food and forget outside food for a while.
- Alcohol and Smoking: These two affects the development of the baby in the mother’s womb, and thus is advised to strictly avoid them.
- Cardamom: It generates heat in body, and thus again is advised to avoid. Mixing it with tea at times is fine, but do avoid in large quantities.
- Un-prescribed Medicines: This is to be strictly avoided without the advice of doctor. During the time of pregnancy, you might at times feel some or the other issues, but even for that don’t immediately grab a medicine without the prescription of an authorised doctor.
- Papaya and Pineapple: These two fruits have high Vitamin C content and I personally was strictly told by my doctor to avoid these two during the time of pregnancy.
- Raw/Uncooked Meat: If you are a non-vegetarian, do avoid eating half boiled eggs or half cooked meat. Also do strictly avoid taking junk foods. I do agree that food cravings increases during the time of pregnancy, but junk foods should be a strict NO.
So ya, these are all the things that you should be avoiding during the time of pregnancy.